Thursday, December 10, 2009

Danticat

I haven't read any of her other books before reading The Dew Breaker. But I have to say, this is probable one of the most well written books I've ever read. Danticat is an absolutely incredible author! The way the book was set up portrays brilliance. She tackled a very hard topic, The Hatian Diasapora, and really allowed one to see the wide range of the after effects of the revolution! I really enjoyed reading this book! It was my favorite book this semester!
Did anyone read any other books by Danticat? How would you say they compare to this one? Would you recommend them?
-Rivka Mendlowitz

1 comment:

  1. I agree, this was also one of most favorite books in the semester for me. There is something about the book that makes the reader interested in reading after the first few paragraphs. Unlike the novel Households' Saints I have to force myself to read the few few chapters, but later it turned out to have more interesting plot which made it a great book, too. I'm planning to read the next books written by those two authors and see how they relate to those read in the class.

    ReplyDelete