Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Dew Breaker

I have finally finished reading this book, and there are many choice adjectives I can use to decribe the horror in this book, however I will simply say it was absolutely horrific. No one who commits such acts against innocent humans should ever be allowed to exist in society. I wrote earlier that the mother's ability to forgive her husband was absurd and that was before I found out the extent to his torture. Could he have really made a 180 so instantaneously, or is it just a matter of him being provoked to a certain point again and then his true character would resurface. I am no expert with the way the mind works or does'nt work, but I am still uncertain about such immediate transformation.

I have tried in vain to place him in any earlier chapters, at first I thought he might have been Romain in Monkey Tails, (the young character, who went off on his own after he did not find his father Regulus, who abandoned him as a child), but I thought better after I read that his parents were robbed of their land, his father had a nervous breakdown and his mother ran off with an earlier love.

No comments:

Post a Comment