Thursday, December 17, 2009

when I was a Puerto Rican

The book about Puerto Rico was a very good I haven’t read a book like this for awhile. It was fast paced and engaging. While I was reading about the main character Negi and her fist time in America it reminded me of my first time in America also. I did not know English either so I understood how she felt. People treat you differently when you don’t know how to speak English. Since I related to the character in the book I had a lot of fun reading it. Another thing I liked about this book was that the author did not sugar coat her life. She wrote about her life in a very mature and true manner. She was not embarrassed to write what really happened. Over all I enjoyed this book and I would defiantly recommend it to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment